MirrApiano Joker Piano

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Sat, 14 Apr 2001 12:18:04 -0500

>Got a good laugh today. Maybe our Canadian friends can help me out here.
>Tuned, etc. a 1918 Starr upright today. Top cut down. Mirror added. Starr
>name not on fallboard, but rather "MirrApiano". Inside on plate, "Starr" of
>course, but also a little 1950s style sticker that said:
>
>         MirrApiano
>  Patent-Designate #1234
>      Canadian Patent
>  Further Patents Pending

Old news, I know.
There was a guy used to live here, last name Allen, who went by Little
Angel, and made a career out of "modernizing" old uprights like this. It
seems to me the name put on them was indeed Mirrapiano, Mirro-piano, or
some such, and for a while they were everywhere you looked. Thirty years
after the fact, I learned that this curse to the local piano service
industry was the alter ego of my own 8th grade science teacher!

Spooky.

Ron N