Where's the engineer? - was string seating - was bridge caps

jolly roger baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Sat, 14 Apr 2001 12:37:20 -0500

Hi Ron,
            Funny this should just just post this I just finished doing a
paralellogram of force and came to 30lbs at 180lbs This is further reduced
by a 1 degree bearing deflection at the front, and a 2 degree deflection at
the rear.  The front pin has a little more side bearing than the rear.

With both pins having more than 90lbs, ( 180 total) I was starting to
wonder where the tension grew from. <G>

Realistically, if we take into consideration, friction and down bearing, I
would guess about 24-25lbs.

You son of a gun, I had to find a dusty old book.  You had me thinking for
a while. Ouch it hurt.
Have a good one
Roger