Pre-Purchase Inspection Liability

MoodyPiano@AOL.COM MoodyPiano@AOL.COM
Wed, 25 Apr 2001 13:14:49 EDT

In a message dated 04/25/2001 12:16:41 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
dianepianotuner@hotmail.com writes:

> I am currently working on making modules in  a word processor in my laptop
> to be able to assemble as the need arises.  Thus the process of writing the
> letter should be substantially shortened.  Estimates for repairs and
> rebuilding are already in my bookkeeping system in modular form.

Terry & List:
I definitely think that "writing it down" is the best way to go.  Even if you
told someone everything at the time of the appraisal sometimes they hear only
what they want to and not what you told them and with a verbal only appraisal
there's nothing to prove what you actually said.

An idea for those out there that prefer not to type.  Use a 2-part form so
that you can write your information down about the individual parts of the
piano while appraising it, sort of like a checklist, and then both you and
the customer will have a record of what was said.  A custom-made form is
probably what would be needed.  Usually the cost of a custom-made form is not
too much more than the standard forms offered by most business product
companies.  You could build it into the cost of your appraisal.  In the long
run I think it would be worth it.

NEBS is a company that we use for our 2-part (carbonless) forms.  We have
also used them for custom 2-part forms and they have been great.  Phone:
800-225-6380  Web. www.nebs.com.

Hope this helps!
~Lanie

Moody Piano & Organ