Troubleshooting Vertical problem

Robert Goodale rrg@nevada.edu
Sat, 28 Apr 2001 08:07:43 -0500

Bridge caps, definitely bridge caps.  I have seen it many times particularly on
Baldwins.  I don't know what kind of glue it is that they use on these but I
think it hit the fan first.  In fact had to reglue one not long ago under a
warranty issue.  Use a screw driver to push in and hold down the loose section
of bridge while playing one of the effected notes.  You should notice a huge
difference in tone which will verify this.

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV