Protek & Teflon

Ken Jankura kenrpt@cvn.net
Fri, 3 Aug 2001 22:29:45 -0400

  I service a S&S D at a local college, and recently the pianist =
complained of
heavy touch. It's a '72 teflon, and the downweight was around 70, =
upweight
around 30 or so. I used Protek on an experimental hammer center or two =
and
measured a 5 to 10 gram reduction in downweight. Has anyone run into =
this
before? I lubed all centers and used teflon on the knuckles and all was =
well
(all things considered). The pianist called to say how happy she was and =
what a miraculous job I had done making the piano playable again. What =
gives?
Ken Jankura
Newburg, PA