SCARY plastic flanges

Susan Kline sckline@home.com
Sun, 12 Aug 2001 17:57:56 -0700

At 08:14 PM 08/12/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>. I absolutely did NOT want to do the work. The
>piano had DISASTER written all over it.

Actually, I've retrieved several of these S-2 pianos
by replacing every bit of plastic in them. They are sort
of a pain, but not a disaster by any means. Put the wood
parts in and they will work (assuming your center
pinning and spacing skills are adequate.) I don't think
that they will blindside you, like some truly awful
instruments. The parts are available, and they'll fit.

I also don't agree with the general impression that I've
been getting from the list recently, that the Betsy Ross
is the absolute nadir of spinets. If they hadn't had the
plastic elbows, I feel that we'd consider them one of the
better spinets out there. The elbows just aren't that big
a problem -- easily replaced in a few hours. When they have
the plastic flanges, that's certainly an added layer of
aggravation, but still, the rest of the piano is okay.
The scaling isn't too bad, the geometry works, the case is
adequate, etc.

(Conrad, did you remember to send me that brochure about
your newest line of flamesuits?)

Susan