Pseudo-Ivory Keytops

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Mon, 13 Aug 2001 10:06:29 -0400

Does anyone know of any source or service that has plastic keytops that have
some degree of ivory appearance? I'm refurbishing an action for a woman who
just loves her ivory keyboard. The ivory keytops are just about the most
trashed set I have ever seen. If I can find a source for an inexpensive
substitute, maybe I can talk her into keytop replacement. I am aware of
white keytops, off-white, and the Vagias Satin Ivory keytops available from
Schaff. One potential trouble with the Vagias ivory is that they are
translucent. Does that mean you would have to do the thing with linen under
the keytop like for real ivory (I would think so because you can see dark
material underneath the keytops)? Thanks for any help.

Terry Farrell