Scandinavian Whiteglue + CA

Johan Ola Andersson pianola@online.no
Mon, 1 Jan 2001 13:28:00 +0100

Hi Susan and list

This post have lot of mispleldings. But I hope you understand it.

Scandinavian wood glue is a PVAc glue.
That doesn't tell me much but it was also called  "plastic glue" in "old days" even if it is used on wood
So it is a kind of plastic I suppose. It is called the white glue. prodused by Casco and is the glue
having most of the wood glue market here.
I don't know if this is the same as the American White Glue
I would very much like to have glues like Titebond here in the shops.
I have sendt them an e-mail and is hoping to get an answer after this holiday.

Having pichraised and tuned a never tuned 20 year old "Nordiska" piano
I run out of time and when putting back the practice damperfelt into the piano
the felt felt off.(is it why it is called felt?). So what to do. The CA glue went strait into the felt and
I couldn't wait for the White glue to dry I suddenly remembered Susan Kline advice. So I aplied
White glue to the felt and CA to the aluminium ribe thing and I got instant contact, it was like using
a double sided tape.The bond was so strong I would ruin the felt if I tried to get them apart.

When I come home I got into the same problem with one of the wisemen in the stable he had lost
his head. So I aplied white glue to the head and CA to the body and got instant contact. I'm not
sure yet how strong the bond is but I found the wiseman with his head of again after been treated
by my 2 year old boy but the break was now at a new place. He is now getting a veneered neck.
After reading Susans glue site   http://www.telusplanet.net/public/atonal/kline.html
I think I'm been using a Steve Brady aproach. I will expriment more on this
Thanks Susan!

I would like to send my experince to the Nordic pianolist but first I want to know
what is American White glue?

Ola Andersson
Bergen Norway