Portable Table

Lance Lafargue lancelafargue@bellsouth.net
Mon, 1 Jan 2001 12:04:22 -0600

I bought a portable table from LL Bean years ago.  It is for back packing.
It (top) is made of slats of wood(?) that roll up into a small bundle for
carrying.  It is _very_ sturdy and about 36" X 36".  aluminum rods quickly
go into place making the table rigid and about 3' tall.  It's amazingly
simple - like a piano tech invented it.  It has a carrying handle and is
easy to pack.  I can set it up and tear it down in about 1 minute. It weighs
very little.

Lance Lafargue, RPT
Mandeville, LA
New Orleans Chapter, PTG
lancelafargue@bellsouth.net

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of Dan Hallett Jr.
Sent: Sunday, December 31, 2000 4:00 AM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Portable Table

Bob, is your portable table handmade or was it purchased? If purchased,
would you say where?

Thanks,

Dan Hallett

>transporting grand actions

Hi, Mark. I, too, have sought easier ways to move grand actions. One
tool I've successfully used for a few years is just a regular hand
truck. It's great for big actions, e.g., the S&S D at the Tucson
Convention Center, which is a few hundred feet and some stairs away from
my car, at best. I don't need anything else really. Actions seem to
balance pretty well on my handtruck. The other tool is my portable
table. I wheel it out of my shop to my station wagon, ease the action
onto it, and reverse the operation when I return the action. Sometimes I
can use the table in the field, roll it right up to the piano and slide
the action onto it. It has been a great back saver.

Happy New Year, everyone.

Bob Anderson
Tucson, Az