: Service Vehicles

Ken Gerler kenneth.gerler@prodigy.net
Mon, 1 Jan 2001 22:45:07 -0600

After two E150 Ford vans (1985 and 1989) I'm driving my 2nd E250 ('97 &
'00).  I like seeing the road and the weight. Servicing both pianos and
organs I carry a few more supplies than most.

Ken Gerler

Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2000 01:25:50 EST
From: ANRPiano@AOL.COM
Subject: Re: Service Vehicles

I don't know of anyone else who uses a cargo van, but I do.  I purchased it
for many reasons: 1) lots and lots of space for anything.  I can load
several
upright and grand actions easily without bending over.  2) I can load up to
44" vertical (off of a dolly) easily, most consoles on a dolly. I can carry
two comfortably and could put a third in if I had to. 3) It has the guts to
pull a trailor loaded with pianos without breaking a sweat. 4) I am parinoid
of small cars, I perferr to survive an acident.

I drive a Ford E250.  It cost a little more than many of the vehicles
discussed so far to purchase, and the fuel milage is poor, 9 - 13 MPG but I
wouldn't trade it for anything except maybe a Dodge.

Andrew Remillard