Mahogany was Wood & Humidity

Tue, 02 Jan 2001 08:33:43 +0100

Its been interesting reading how this subject matter has just
taken off and shot in several directions.. lots of information
popped up that I hadnt really expected, or asked for.. and tho it
hasnt been directly stated... I get the idea that in answer to my
origional question there has been no mahogany soundboard produced
yet ? BTIM no 100% mahogany board (ribbing excluded).

As far as these laminated variants... it does indeed seem odd
that apparently no one has tried to really explore the
possibilities of this approach..above and beyond the "lets see if
we can do it cheap and fast" motivation.

Btw.. the reason I asked this in the first place was that I came
across an old beater that appeared to have a mahogany panel.
Didnt have time to look it over closely, and by now I think the
owner has used it for firewood, so I suppose I will never know..

Happy New Year everyone.

--.
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.