Wood & Humidity, was Hammers [OT]

Clark caccola@net1plus.com
Tue, 02 Jan 2001 11:25:13 -0200

Hi, all,

> From the slang I was brought up with it would be:  "Thick as a
> brick", another term would be "as thick as two short planks" or
> "a right two by four (2" x 4") "
>
> > Have you ever heard the expression "As thick as a plank" you may
> > have to take this into consideration in your examinations of the
> > explanations.
> > Or is it "How thick is a Plank ?"

Oh, usually I'm told I'm "thin as a rail", maybe even "dumb as a post"
(tho' Locust posts aint so dumb, I think), but I'll add these!

How thick is a flange? I like the old Kranich & Bach spring action
washers, and the diagram of Hickman's grand action appears to have
something similar.

Regards,

Clark

(Better go measure them 2x4's coz they're not)