Was it something I said?

Paul tunenbww@clear.lakes.com
Thu, 4 Jan 2001 07:58:27 -0600

This reply is directed to Greg Newell, but I deleted his original =
post......
Why would you want to put a new sound board in an upright if the =
original board show good crown and can be reglued to ribs and case? Do =
you feel it necessary to repair cracks in the SB if they cause no =
problems? Do the bridges need replacing or just renotching? Can you get =
adequate down bearing with the original stuff? Generally, if an original =
SB and bridges etc. will yield good bearing and tone, I leave them alone =
and forget the cosmetics of the cracks. Rib and perimeter regluing is =
done as required. Down bearing and bridge condition is checked before =
and after the strings are removed. No one has been willing to pay me for =
 a new board assembly.

Paul Chick
  =20