"pulley" keys

Lance Lafargue lancelafargue@bellsouth.net
Thu, 4 Jan 2001 12:53:21 -0600

Thanks Jim and Del.  I use the method because I usually do a whole set in
the shop on nearly every action and have so much to get done in one day on
it.  I have never bought a "real" CF tool, but will and will practice with
it.  Thanks very much!
Lance Lafargue, RPT
Mandeville, LA
New Orleans Chapter, PTG
lancelafargue@bellsouth.net

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Sent: Thursday, January 04, 2001 11:31 AM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: RE: "pulley" keys

Lance wrote:
<<"So, again, to all of
you, if the bit compresses/sizes from the bottom of a slightly tight key,
would that be an acceptable technique?  Thanks, Lance">>

Yep I understood perfectly what y'all said....but I have never tried what
you
are describing and therefore have no opinion as to the efficacy of the
method....seems like it would work though. The CA/CF tool is more convenient
to me to use. Different mileages and all that. :-)
Jim Bryant (FL)