Yamaha P-22 Price

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Thu, 4 Jan 2001 23:14:50 EST

staytuned@idirect.com writes:

<< Isn't the MSRP usually double the dealer cost? Thanks.

 >Terry Farrell

 How we used to wish it was! It's more like 1.66 of wholesale. If it's
double, I'll get back into retail real quick.

 John Lillico

Just as there is a MSRP for customers, there is also a MSWP for dealers. The
MSRP is twice the normal whole sale cost. But manufacturers have specials and
deals, just like retailers do. For instance, if the dealer buys a piano, COD,
the dealer can get the piano for a 3% discount. If he buys more than 3 at a
time, he gets a 5% discount. If he buys more than 10 at a time he gets a 10%
discount. And if he buys a whole container, COD, he gets an even greater
discount.

If you see pattern here, you are right. The small dealer, (like me), can only
buy a few pianos at a time, and we have to floor plan. So no discount, and
"full" wholesale. But big dealer, with lots of capital, can buy a whole
container at a time, and get the same merchandise for almost 25% less. So
when a big dealer is having a sale, they can discount the pianos to the
public at almost the same price the small dealer has to pay wholesale, and
still make a profit. Another case of the rich getting richer, and the poor
just barely getting by.

Willem