Was it something I said?

Brian Trout btrout@desupernet.net
Fri, 5 Jan 2001 16:43:01 -0500

John wrote:
> Cut shims from old boards instead. They're already dry.

I used to do that very thing, John.  I got tired of having to deal with the
new shim stock that was always presented to me (when I worked at in a
store's shop) so I did just that.  I found an old board or two and cut out
my own shims.  Took a little time, but not that much.  It was interesting to
me to see a couple of the other techs who were also doing shimming head
straight for the ones I had cut out and leave the "new ones" laying on the
shelf.

Never really noticed any difference in durability of the repairs in the long
run, either.  But it usually did make for a closer color match.

FWIW...

Brian Trout
Quarryville, PA
btrout@desupernet.net