Electric piano

JStan40@AOL.COM JStan40@AOL.COM
Fri, 5 Jan 2001 21:12:42 EST

> Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 23:00:34 EST
> From: Wimblees@AOL.COM
> Subject: Re: Electric piano
>
> In a message dated 1/4/01 5:16:59 PM Central Standard Time,
> dbpowell1@juno.com writes:
>
> << Hey I have been tuning for 19 years and I tuned my first old electric
> Baldwin.
> It has no sound board, all the bass strings were single string and the
> tuning pins are in the back. Whew what a job. I hope that there are not
> too many of there monsters out there.
> Dick Powell >>
>

> I tuned my one and only Baldwin electric about 8 years ago. It was in a
> small
> town (population 750) in northern New Mexico. I agree with you. It was a
> pain. But it turned out to be a decent sounding instrument. At least the
> customer was happy with the result. I don't know how many of them were
> built.
> Maybe someone o the list knows.
>
> Willem

Dear List,

These were originally designed for Piano Labs (Class Piano), and have been
around for at least 35 years.  Northwestern University had a lab full of
these while I was a student there, from 1966--Tom Porter was the pianotech,
and hated those beasts with a passion!  Yes, tuning pins on the rear,
uncomfortable in the extreme.

Stan Ryberg
Barrington IL
mailto:jstan40@aol.com