Bluthner 1916 action

Brian Lawson lawsonic@global.co.za
Sat, 6 Jan 2001 08:26:53 +0200

Keyword: Abstract  Nov 2000

Brian Lawson, RPT, MPT
Johannesburg, South Africa

----- Original Message -----
From: Ola Andersson
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Sent: Saturday, January 06, 2001 12:14 AM
Subject: Bluthner 1916 action

Hi everybody

I regulated a Bluthner Grand today from 1916. It has a "one legged spider"
sitting on each jack,
anybody knows wich one I'm talking about?

The only way to regulate the hammer hight and letoff was to remove the
springs in the front.
Afterwards I put the springs back to regulate the dip.
I couldn't regulate the hammer height in the bass because the hammers would
break in the pinblock
taking the action in and out if I raised them so they are still resting on
the Hammer rest.

I can remember a discussion of an action like this. Can anybody remember a
key word for the archives?

Any comments? Would I done it another way? It's still in the shop so I can
change it.

Wondering

Ola Andersson