Electric piano

Sat, 06 Jan 2001 15:21:43 +0100

Conrad Hoffsommer wrote:

> I distinctly recall a large number of these bottom-line-oriented objects
> whose tuning pins were barely driven into the block.  Even in my rookness,
> I felt that there should be a _little_ downbearing at the v-bar.  The
> strings came off the pins so far from the block/plate that it defined the
> term "flagpoling" for me.
>
> Basic skills, well yes, I had them at the time.   I have to thank Kimball
> and other makers of consumer oriented keyboards for affording me the
> opportunity to deal with worst case scenarii and upgrade my skills
>
> Conrad Hoffsommer -

Connrad !!!... you should be ashamed of yourself... dont you know that you
should be greatfull that these factories produced such tragic excuses for
pianos exactly so that folks like you could make money learning  how to
correct these many and varied muckups ?? Think of the effort and imagination
involved in finding so many ways of apparently screwing up the process of
producing a piano. Its nothing short of admirable when it comes right down to
it. Amazing that so many of these wonderfull companies went two tits up broke
when you come to think of it !

Never mind that the customer had to pay good money for these things in good
faith that they were buying a finished product to begin with..... Afterall....
"you dont pay for what you get".... or was it "you pay for what you dont
get"... wait..... ahh heck whatever...

grin...

--
Richard Brekne