Bluthner 1916 action

larudee@pacbell.net larudee@pacbell.net
Sat, 06 Jan 2001 07:28:52 -0800

Ola,

You will no doubt observe that the hammer rest rail is NOT adjustable.
The hammer was not designed to rest on the rail.  Rather, the spring
which you removed and then put back must be adjusted until it suspends
the hammer at just the right distance (the most difficult part of the
regulation, and worse than butterfly springs).  You will then get double
escapement, which is not possible if the spring is too weak.  The spring
functions, in effect, like a repetition lever.  Regulation specs are
available from Bluthner.  Also search in the archives under "Bluthner
patent action" or just "Bluthner."

Paul S. Larudee, RPT
Richmond, CA