Bug was Electric piano

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Sat, 6 Jan 2001 11:52:16 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: <JIMRPT@AOL.COM>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Saturday, January 06, 2001 9:55 AM
Subject: Re: Bug was Electric piano

> Terry wrote:
> <<"I would have had to put a roof rack on top to bring
> a grand action back to me shop!">>
>
> AH ! Not so Terrysan. With the pasenger seat folded down, the back seat
> folded down and with due care taken, a S&S model 'D' action will fit in
the
> bug just fine. I carried many grand/upright actions in mine. :-)
>   My second bug had a sun roof and the largest thing I carried in it was a
> 22' extension ladder that I slid in and out through the roof, securing it
> the front bumper with rope.......sure got some funny looks.  The only
thing I
> ever found that the bug was NOT good for was carrying a 17' canoe......the
> wind blew the bug all over the road.
> Jim Bryant (FL)

Jim, you are just plain wrong, wrong, wrong. You need to put the canoe
directly on the roof, then you have a much neater package with a lower
profile. The wind blowing you around just serves to keep you awake during a
long drive! And, with the passenger's and back seat out completely, you can
fit 22 cases of beer into a bug. Only trouble is you kinda loose your
suspension. Ahhhh, those were the days!

 I am pretty impressed with the S&S D action though.

Terry Farrell
Piano Tuning & Service
Tampa, Florida
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com