Electric piano

Sat, 06 Jan 2001 21:38:05 +0100

John Ross wrote:

> Hi List,
> It is a common expression to me. In the Navy if something, ceased working,
> it was said to be tits up.
> Just imagine something being dead, and the position it is normally in, when
> so.
> Regards,
> John M. Ross
> Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada

Correcto!!  It is a US Navy  expression... or at least thats where I heard it
first. The way I got it was that origionally thats what certain ships looked
like when they went belly up.  Belly up just didnt describe the sight correctly
so .... "tits up" came into being.

Btw Ed... thanks for the call to cut me some slack... but being American born
and raised I knew what I was saying.

Nobody can seriously take offence at THAT expression now can they ? I mean what
kind of connections does one have to make in their brains to arrive at the
conclusion that these are.... shsshhhhhh  "dirty words" . :)

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.