Capstans

jolly roger baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Sat, 06 Jan 2001 17:38:07 -0600

Hi Richard,
                 As a temporary and quick fix, glue a couple of tooth picks
into the hole. reinsert the capstan whilst the glue is still wet.  Long
term plug and redrill.
Another fix is to coat the capstan thread with a thin coat of oil, and use
medium CA glue to swab the hole. I've done this quite sucessfully on some
verticals with the long capstan dowels. Never encountered this with grand
capstans.
Regards Roger