OT: Off to Iceland!

Diane Hofstetter dianepianotuner@hotmail.com
Sun, 07 Jan 2001 19:25:50 -0900

Hello Carol!

It took me awhile to read your post (have been busy costuming for a medieval
re-enactment group party), but I'm sure glad I finally had time.  I agree
with you fully about the value of both the technical and the personal
content on Pianotech.  When Murray had his stroke about a year ago, there
were a couple of techs who helped carry me through the worst times.  I will
be forever grateful to them and to Pianotech for giving me the opportunity
to meet them.

>Pianotech has again played an unexpected role in making my life more full.
>Through the sharing of not only technical information, but the everyday
>events in the life of other's in this profession, we have become a stronger
>community as we get to know each other a little better.

>All my life, I have wanted to see the Northern Lights.

Me too!!  Then suddenly one day, on a trip through Canada, in a campground
in Sasketchwan, I saw a strange light in the sky.  When asked what it was,
Murray answered, "the Northern Lights" and I burst out crying for joy!  We
saw them one other time, in Alberta, they were like the sky was painted with
a shimmering green paint that dripped down the edge. They were fabulous.
It's wonderful you will finally have a chance to see them!!!!

I have read about
>these curtains of light, and have pursued trying to see them in Canada in
>way North wilderness canoe trips

Where have you canoed?  We have spent a lot of time canoe tripping in
Algonquin park in northern Ontario. It's beautiful and serene there. Being
piano technicians, we could take time when others have to be at work, and
have been there when we haven't seen another person for over a week. One
year we went in October.  The colors from the maple trees were simply breath
taking!

Have a wonderful time, it sounds like Kristinn has some special treats
(!?!?) in store for you!

Diane