Piano Brand Name Puzzler

Billbrpt@AOL.COM Billbrpt@AOL.COM
Mon, 8 Jan 2001 12:00:44 EST

List,

On my first call this morning, I drove to a nice house in a nice, quiet
neighborhood.  It was a classically designed, sandstone house.  Inside it was
tastefully decorated with hardwood floors and contrasting rugs.  The piano
was a 42" Console with a finish that seemed to fit the other decor.  It made
itself be part of the whole living room scheme.

As I opened the piano, I saw that it was in good shape and looked up the
serial number.  It was built in 1964, making this year it's 37th.  The
hammers were perfectly aligned, there was no lost motion, it played well and
had a nice round and full tone.  It was just a little out of tune with the
season.

I finished tuning it in a little less than 45 minutes and complimented the
people on their nice piano.  They were happy to hear my remarks and said that
they enjoyed it too.  They added that their son was taking lessons, played
every day and that they were enjoying the music he was making more and more
all the time.

Inside, I found and old tag that was still there from the days it was on the
showroom floor.  There were two quotes on it:  "Quality is not inspected into
our pianos, it is BUILT into them!"  and  "Where imagination and engineering
work wonders with wood".

Anyone want to guess the brand name of this little gem?

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin