newbie questions

Don drose@dlcwest.com
Tue, 09 Jan 2001 01:45:53 -0600

Hi Charles,

2 cents change for a concert tuning on any note. More than that and it is a
pitch correction situation.

An adapative overpull chart such as is used by Reyburn Cyber tuner can give
domestic tunings for as much as a 10 cent pitch correction. It won't be
terribly stable but it will be useable. If A4 were ten cents flat and RCT
was used on a "unisons as you go" basis it would probably over shoot on A4
by about 4 cents by the time you got back to A4. Much of this pitch drop is
due to the metal plate flexing.

At 01:05 AM 01/09/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>3) For a flat piano, how flat must it be in order for it to need a pitch
>raise? I discovered that it's true that if you tune a flat piano up to
>pitch, it comes out flat! But I have also discovered that it gets better
>and better each tuning.
>
>Charles Neuman
>Plainview, NY

Regards,