Who needs piano technicians?

David Weiss djweiss57@hotmail.com
Thu, 11 Jan 2001 05:59:57 -0500

Hello.  I just joined the list and was hoping I could get some advice.

I am currently in the piano technology program at the University of Western
Ontario.  The program is ten months of tuning, repairing, regulating and
rebuilding.  At the completion of the program I want to move somewhere on
the East Coast of the US in order to be closer to my aging parents.

I am searching for a good place to locate a piano technician business. I've
been using the internet to find the population and number of technicians in
a given area.  But I need one more statistic--is there any way to figure out
the "piano density" of an area?

Furthermore, is this the best way to go about this search?  How have other
people conducted such a search?  Has the journal done any articles on this
subject?

I would greatly appreciate advice or thoughts anyone has on the subject.  I
should mention that I am 43 years old, married, with two children.

Thanks in advance.

David Weiss
London, Ontario
djweiss57@hotmail.com