KWYADAWYADI

Thu, 11 Jan 2001 09:10:07 -0600

Ron, Newton,
At 08:29 01/11/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>It is Arabic and it is pronounced:
>kwy-ada-wy-adi and it means, "Your mother wears combat
>boots."
>--
>                 Newton Hunt

> > > How do you pronounce:KWYADAWYADI
> > Cautiously, very cautiously.
> > Ron N

Actually, from my reading of the ancient texts, Ron is closer than he imagines.

The term should not be bandied about as nonchalantly as it has been.  Most
of the references with this term have been in the context of incantations
in a deeply religious ceremony, not unlike the predictions of an oracle.  A
fuller meaning might be closer to, "a great truth is about to be revealed
to you", or "the full meaning of 'can of worms' shall be revealed".

In this case (obligatory piano content),   I first heard it myself when I
gazed upon a marvelous 4-part Chickering pinblock. (1889 vintage)

Conrad Hoffsommer - mailto:hoffsoco@luther.edu

Musica turbatos sensus animosque removet.
Music puts aside troubled mind and spirit.