dictators, PSO, and the free world

Billbrpt@AOL.COM Billbrpt@AOL.COM
Thu, 11 Jan 2001 17:53:16 EST

In a message dated 1/11/01 4:14:20 PM Central Standard Time,=20
vanbrussel@EURONET.NL (vanbrussel) writes:

> Alright, I accept all this...no problem.
> The only thing I object to is when someone tells another person(S) that it=
=20
> is forbidden to use a certain word.
> So PSO or not, I mainly object to Mr Bremmers objections.
> I thereby do not dictate, I merely react as a free person, a free=20
> subscriber, to a sort of neutral forum, ahem.
>=20
> So... I agree with you on all points, but not where you describe me as a=20
> dictator.
> Let us go back to where this started, just to clear things up:
> Someone on this list uses the word PSO.=20
> Mr B. fulminates against this person in quite a miserable way. he insults=20
> the user of the PSO word. And this is what gets me mad, because I think=20
> that we can discuss matters, but without nasty insults.
> I therefore pointed out to B. Bremmer that he is a dictator by forbidding=20
> the PSO word.
>=20
> So why call ME a dictator?
>=20
> I am getting tired of 'that person's  Paranoid/Schizo behaviour.
> Indeed, I should use my filters too.
>=20

Sheesh, Martin,

Just read what you have written and tell me that your thinking is that of a=20
normal, healthy and contented individual.  At no time did I ever "forbid"=20
anyone to use the acronym, "PSO".  What I did say was that for a beginner, "=
I=20
would try to curtail the kind of thinking that would lead you to call your=20
own piano a "PSO". =A0This is what a person who is basically insecure about=20=
his=20
or her set of knowledge and skills says."

A previous post from you showed that you did not even understand the meaning=
=20
of the acronym but you were so sure that my intention was to "dictate" to=20
others which kinds of words are acceptable and not that you did what is=20
called "flying off the handle".  I'll always remember a little story told by=
=20
one of the best teachers I ever had.  The moral to his story was, "You can't=
=20
fly off the handle when you're full of baloney".

If it pleases you, you can use the acronym "PSO" all you want.  Go ahead and=
=20
call every piano you work on a "PSO".  Complain and gripe about the=20
manufacturer and how they should have made a better piano for you to work on=
.=20
 Tell everyone how stupid all of the people are who have these "PSO"'s in=20
their homes and how futile an endeavor such as making music on them would be=
.=20
 Elevate yourself above everyone else by making us all believe that you are=20
God's gift to the piano industry but there just has never really been a pian=
o=20
made yet that is anywhere close to being worthy of your superior skills.

You can start your own moderated List.  Call it "PSOtech".  Make it a charte=
r=20
rule that I, Bill Bremmer RPT will *never* be allowed to subscribe.  The=20
moderator will make sure that all posts denigrate the piano industry by only=
=20
allowing the acronym "PSO" to be used rather than, "spinet", "console",=20
"upright", etc.  Of course, any off topic posts will be welcome, especially=20
sick jokes that make fun of women and minorities.  No actual questions about=
=20
piano service will actually appear because all of the subscribers will=20
already know everything there is to know and will be so bored and jaded by=20
technical posts that they don't write any or even want to read any.

But talking about how bad a particular manufacturer's products *all* are=20
(without exception) will be welcome.  There won't be any solutions for these=
=20
problems, of course, just plenty of complaining and griping and wishing we=20
could build bonfires out of or sink all of those PSO's in the ocean.  You'll=
=20
get plenty of one line responses, cheering you on and agreeing with you to=20
every insult to the profession you make.

Just think of how great it would be to have such a list as "PSOtech".  You'd=
=20
never have to read anything I write or see my screenname appear.  Everyone=20
would be your friend and you could all hate the line of work you have chosen=
=20
together in blissful freedom, out of range of the "Dictator".

But until you get that PSOtech List going, you'll just have to do as you hav=
e=20
so often suggested: filter, delete and do not respond to my outrageous=20
attacks, insults, paranoid schizophrenic rambling and sociopathic behavior.

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin