adjusting capstans

Nichols nicho@lascruces.com
Fri, 12 Jan 2001 08:13:54 -0700

Howard,
	Remove every other whippen and reach down from the top with a long "L"
-shaped capstain turner. You wind up inserting through every other opening,
but your line comes out clean. Good time to make sure the springs, etc, are
happy so there's not too much change. Of course, you'll "never return
again", so....

?

Guy

At 08:14 AM 1/12/01 -0500, you wrote:

>I just got an action that I've never seen before and I have a question about
>it. Hopefully some one out there has run in to this. It's a 50 year old
>chickering and the key sticks are not on one plane from front to back.
<SNIP>