How to go adjusting that fly in the window...

Brian Trout btrout@desupernet.net
Fri, 12 Jan 2001 17:29:37 -0500

How's that for a topic line!

Seriously, I ran into this a couple of times within the last couple of
weeks.

Baldwin grands...  needed to adjust the jack in the window so that it would
sit in the proper place under the knuckle, not too far front or back, that
is...  you know, the little set screw on the front of the jack...

On these little buggers, the hammer flange rail comes way down in front of
the regulating screws, and it's a real pain trying to adjust these things.
I was able to do it, but it wasn't all that easy.  I can imagine with some
trepidation the process of setting the whole line of 88.

Any little secrets anyone has up their sleeve? other than a large bottle of
'happy pills'? <grin>

Inquiring minds just had to ask...

Thanks,

Brian Trout