Journal on CD

Kent Swafford kswafford@earthlink.net
Fri, 12 Jan 2001 16:49:53 -0600

on 1/12/01 1:35 PM, Farrell at mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com wrote:

> Please, how do the photos in the reprints CD compare to the photocopied
> photos in the hardcopy bound Journal reprints? Are they at least legible?
> The photocopied stuff is like a blob of mud.
>
> Terry Farrell

Please note that the PTG now has _two_ CD-ROM products.

The first has been available for some years and is referred to as the
Journal Reprint Kit CD-ROM. This includes the same material as the hard copy
Journal Reprint "Kits". The photos in the reprint kits were photocopied and
are not of the best quality. The articles were newly scanned from the
original Journals for the Journal Reprint Kit CD-ROM, so the Reprint Kit CD
has better photos than the hard copy versions, especially if you use version
4 of the Acrobat Reader. (The Reprint CD contains version 3 of the Acrobat
Reader, so you will want to upgrade to the later version of the Reader.)

The second PTG CD-ROM product is the just-released 21-year Journal CD-ROM.
It is a reproduction on 4 CD-ROMS of all PTG Journals from January 1979
through December 1999.

I believe there is special bundle pricing of the Reprint CD with the new
21-year Journal CD. The bundle is a good deal because the Reprint CD
contains approximately 100 pre-1979 articles that are not on the 21-year CD.

We would be pleased to answer any further questions anyone has about either
CD.

Kent Swafford, Chair
PTG Electronic Communications Committee