Who needs piano technicians? Duffer?

Barrie Heaton Piano@a440.co.uk
Sat, 13 Jan 2001 13:15:34 +0000

In article <012d01c07ce9$bd835960$d0162940@brian>, Brian Trout
<btrout@desupernet.net> writes
>> I would say for every member of the piano tuning profession who is a
>> member of an org,  there are 4 who are not.
>> Barrie,
>
>Hi Barrie,
>
>Really?  That many?  I would have guessed maybe about a one for one ratio
>(one professional in the guild for every one not in the guild.)  Of course,
>we are on different sides of the pond.  Might be different in your part of
>the third rock from the sun.  :-)
>
>Anybody else have thoughts on that?

Just look in the Yellow Pegs of a large city and count the adds see how
many are members and how many are not that will give a good pointer. You
will find in some cases that there are more who are members than not.
Also look in the local press.

In my area I cover 25 miles there are  aprox 50 + tuners of which only 8
are members. In Blackburn/ Darwen were I live pop 156,000  there are 5
tuners 2 are members, we all have plenty of work the 3 who don't belong
3 manly work for the local shops.

Barrie,

--
Barrie Heaton      PGP key on request           http://www.a440.co.uk/