Who needs piano technicians? Duffer?

Sat, 13 Jan 2001 15:52:22 +0100

Barrie Heaton wrote:

> Please read again Richard it was not directed at Carol or the PTG it was
> at piano tuning organisation world wide, who all seem to have one thing
> in common, members who think they are superior just because they are
> members, this is not an off the cuff remark this is an observation of
> taking to many tuners and it the last 5 years by  email to many tuners
> from round the world, quite a few in the US who are not members of any
> org.   Like I said there will be those  who just don't want to be part
> of it, and those who cringe at the attitude of the few.
>
> Regards

Yes...Barrie... I know this... exactly what I said... we ALL know this.. but hey... thats a
different subject matter then the one she brought up. I mean... I aggree with your
paragraph... it just doesnt have anything at all to do with what she her posting was about.

Or... if it does... one certainly cannot establish that by what has been written so far. Like
it or not Barrie... it is also a fact that there are a lot of frauds out there in this world
of ours... and the piano trade is one of those that is pretty darn easy to exploit in that
way. All the well meaning, highly qualified, excellent quality independants in the world
cannot change that fact.

We need to be open to those serious minded, yes... but not in the same breath blind to
fraudulance.  A balancing of the two...

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.