source for maroon felt?

John Musselwhite john@musselwhite.com
Sat, 13 Jan 2001 11:13:20 -0700

At 10:39 AM 1/13/2001 -0500, Ed Foote wrote:

>  Billbrpt writes:
><< It would seem to me that you could change red felt to
>maroon by using some shade of blue.  A box of rit dye doesn't cost much.>>
>
>Greetings,
>     I did this on my first Steinway rebuild. It had to be a white piano,(the
>original case was bookmatched burl walnut, but had been refinished to a
>white without any primer/clear coat.  When stripped, it was dotted with white
>in all the pores!  A disgrace, but what could I do.? The new buyer wanted a
>white piano, also. )
>     The felt needed to be green so I dyed it with RIT.  John Musselwhite?
>That is Ray Griff's piano.  How is the color holding up?

The colour is fine, Ed. If it's fading at all it's doing it consistently. I
was curious as to how you managed to get green felt! It's really quite
striking in a white piano!

                 John

... NEWS FLASH: Red and blue ships collide - Sailors marooned!

John Musselwhite, RPT    -     Calgary, Alberta Canada
http://www.musselwhite.com  http://canadianpianopage.com/calgary
email: john@musselwhite.com    http://www.mp3.com/fatbottom