Piano Warrenty/False Beats

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Sun, 14 Jan 2001 22:36:40 -0500

> Try taking the worst of the unisons and use the CA on the bridge pins.  If
> that takes care of the problem on that unison, I think you'll have a
little
> more concrete evidence that it really is loose bridge pins,  (probably is,
> but another little test or two can't hurt,)  and it would probably give
you
> a more solid leg to stand on when the 'factory rep' (or whoever) is on the
> other end of the phone saying, "Are you SURE it's loose bridge pins???".

I see your point Brian, but I wouldn't want to attempt ANY repair
(especially one that could be identified) prior to contacting the
dealer/manufacturer regarding the problem. I don't think there is anything
goofy going on regarding pressure on the board either, the false beats stop
with just light pressure on the pin.

Terry Farrell
Piano Tuning & Service
Tampa, Florida