3 Questions, was: Piano Warrenty/False Beats

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 19:30:07 -0500

See comments below:

Terry Farrell
Piano Tuning & Service
Tampa, Florida
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com

----- Original Message -----
From: "Delwin D Fandrich" <pianobuilders@olynet.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 17, 2001 10:30 AM
Subject: Re: 3 Questions, was: Piano Warrenty/False Beats

Yes, Oops. I am not familiar with production techniques. Yes, I was assuming
that the bridge would be planed down to the proper height for desired
bearing.

> Second, even if there were a glue layer exposed right at the string side
of
> the bridge pin, why would this cause a buzz? The glued used to laminate
> material suitable for bridge caps is typically a resorcinol resin
adhesive.
> I can't see it buzzing under any circumstances.

OK. I was just wondering. I figured they use maple for some reason other
than plastic.

> Third, if Samick has been using laminated bridge caps, then, yes, they
have
> been at the forefront of piano design -- well, at least in this one area
> they have.

See that! See watcha learn! I figured they went to the dump, picked out some
of that Sitka Spruce & Douglas Fir plywood that had been used for concrete
molds for building buildings & bridges and made bridge capse out of it.