How to go adjusting that fly in the window...

Thu, 18 Jan 2001 05:14:01 -0600

At 00:24 01/18/2001 -0600, you wrote:
>This should be in the Baldwin service manual.  I wonder what it says?
>  ---ric

>Baldwin taught us to remove the rails of regulating buttons and you have a
>clear
>shot at the jacks. Time spent removing and installing is less than working
>with
>the buttons in place.
>Paul Chick

Hi, Paul!  I'm still thinking of bringing a "log" for the fire Saturday... ;-}

The Baldwin service manual (from ca. 1984) breathes nary a word re:
removing Renner action let-off rail, though it _does_ say where to set the
jack with "pear" knuckles. ;-}

BTW, newer models attach the rail UP from the bottom.  I service an older
SD-6 which has the attachment screws going DOWN through the rail, and the
hammer flanges at those points have semi-circular cutouts for that access.

Conrad Hoffsommer - Music Technician -mailto:hoffsoco@luther.edu
Luther College, 700 College Drive, Decorah, Iowa 52101-1045
Voice-(319)-387-1204  //  Fax (319)-387-1076(Dept.office)

Education is the best defense against the media.