Voicing hard hammers

jolly roger baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 11:48:05 -0600

Hi Dale,
            Try acetone flush, Drench the hammer in acetone, wait 10-15min for
the hardener to become plastic, drench the hammer several times, by applying
acetone to the crown with an eye dropper, untill it starts to run out at the
bottom of the molding.  This will sink the hardener deeper into the hammer,
and
leave the surface more resilient.
How ever an old D will probably need new hammers by now.
Roger