FW: News of William Connelly RPT

Kent Swafford kswafford@earthlink.net
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 18:39:19 -0600

Subject: News of William Connelly RPT

It is with deep personal sadness that I must inform you that long time
friend and mentor William Connelly, RPT/PTG passed away peacefully in his
sleep on Monday, January 15 with his family near in Passavant Hospital. It
is my understanding that he died of complications from Alzheimer disease.

Bill was known as the Dean of Piano Technicians in the Western Pa. area and
his presence, humor, and technical expertise will be greatly missed.

The following is a copy of the obituary in the Pittsburgh Post Gazette:

On Monday, January 15, 2001, age 74, of Pittsburgh, beloved husband of 50
years to Lois M. Connelly; father of William F. Jr. and Phyllis Connelly of
Pittsburgh, Diane and Guy Yancey of San Angelo, TX, Marcia and Alan
McConville of Pittsburgh and Frank M. Connelly of Ackworth, GA; also
survived by nine grandchildren. Friends received 2-4 and 7-9 pm Wednesday
and Thursday at the Heard Funeral Home, Inc. 4047 Perrysville Ave.,
Observatory Hill where services will be held Friday 11 am. Mr. Connelly was
a 40-year member of the Pittsburgh Chapter of the Piano Technicians Guild,
former member of the Mendelssohn choir and past president of the Perry
Hilltop- Association. Mr. Connelly was dedicated to his work with the
Pittsburgh Symphony, Heinz Hall, WQED, Duquesne University, Carnegie-Mellon
University, Chatham College and the University of Pittsburgh. Family
suggests memorial contributions to the Western PA School for Blind Children,
201 North Bellefield Ave., Pittsburgh, PA 15213 or Mt. Zion Evangelical
Lutheran Church, 3936 Perrysville Ave., Pittsburgh, PA, 15214.

Recommendations for a florist in the area is Fairview Floral at
412-366-5235.

If you have received this message in error my apologies, as Bills friends
and associates are so intertwined in my customers that I could not possible
filter out those that did not know him.

Sincerely,

Robert Wagner
RPT/PTG