tuning timing

Charles Neuman cneuman@phy.duke.edu
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 10:42:47 -0500 (EST)

I'm curious how long it takes you all to complete each part of the tuning
process. I'm not as concerned with the overal time as with the proportion
of time spent on each section. For example, setting the temperament,
midrange, high treble, and bass.

The high treble seems to eat up a lot of time. The unisons are harder for
me there since the beats are more sensitive to hammer movement. By the
time I get to the last octave, I'm ready to scream, and the notes start to
sound like a metal spoon hitting a frypan. Perhaps a nice grand would have
nicer sounding notes up there. It seems like a drag to spend so much time
on notes that will rarely be played.

Charles Neuman
Plainview, NY