Replacing Key Leads

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 23:59:26 EST

In a message dated 1/22/01 10:22:25 PM Central Standard Time,
smccloud@ix.netcom.com writes:

<< I would like to know the best way to replace key leads.  I have come
 upon a Wurlitzer grand that has leads which have swelled and rub against
 the neighbors.  I don't want to shave them off, as I know they will just
 continue to swell.  I would like to know what sort of tools I would need
 to remove the leads without breaking the keysticks.  Thanks
     Paul McCloud
     San Diego

Why can't you file them off? The leads have become corroded because of
moisture in the air. If you replace the old leads with new leads, the new
ones will become corroded, just like the old once. So just shave off the old
ones, and let it go at that. It's a lot easier.

Willem