action high speed film

Marcel Carey mcpiano@globetrotter.net
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 07:06:04 -0500

Hi,
If I remember correctly, Baldwin also has such a film. I think they had high
speed film of an upright and grand note being played. Now from what I
remember, it's not the relationship between string and hammer that impressed
me the most, but the impressive flagpoling, twisting and movement that the
hammer shanks went through while getting up to the string. At that time,
this was so impressive that it really made me aware of the importance of
center pinning before good tone regulation can be done.

Marcel
Marcel Carey, accordeur technicien
(819) 564-0447
mcpiano@globetrotter.net