New, Improved Baldwins

jolly roger baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 12:49:30 -0600

>I also understand the Chickering line is undergoing some big changes..one of
>them being that they will no longer be American made..Roger,can you verify?
>.. The dealership I work with doesn't carry more than 2 or 3 in a year,
>opting for the Wurlitzer line instead..so my experience with them is limited
>at best.

Hi Phil,
            Some nice suprises are coming,  original Chickering scales, not
just a stencil.
Major action improvements. with German parts. Not allowed to say more. So
many items not finalized.
 The goal is to find the old Chickering sound, so the piano will be
different to the other produces offered.
Also major improvements to the Wurlitzer line is in the works.

At least they are taking 3 steps forward and only 1 back. The obvious
problems are being tackled first, as a priority. Quality goals have been
set, and they are striving to attain them.

I lot of new staff has been hired, so training is a big hurdle. For
instance. Tech services, now has 3 technicians. Each rotates to the factory
floor so that they hopefully will spot problems as they start to happen.,
and now wait for a dozen dealers to start screaming on the phone.

I am more optimistic about the future that I have been in years.

The feed back will be forwarded.
Regards Roger.