Bass bridge question

robert goodale rrg@nevada.edu
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 16:15:48 -0800

I'm not entirely certain but if I were to guess, fanning out the strings at the
bridge would have an acoustical advantage in that the vibrative energy is being
distributed to a wider area of the sound board.  This may also provide a greater
degree in soundboard flexibility.  It would seem that there would also be a
relationship somewhere between the fanned out pattern and scale design.

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV