Sun-bleached tail

Jon Page jonpage@mediaone.net
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 08:01:43 -0500

At 06:10 AM 01/24/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>..from Dr. James Bryant:
>
>.....(I'm assuming this is a wood tone
> > right?)
>
>..my mistake..black satin..
>
> > Just a devious line of thught.............
> >
>thught?..is that a new color from Mohawk?!?
>
>..would like to perform this deviation in the customer's home..any
>improvement would make her very happy...and that *is* to say i will 'settle'
>for less in this case..if it would be better to do the whole lid, then
>fine...but..is there something I can do with my trusty Mohawk touch-up kit
>to make it better?
>
>roo(k)

How do you get faded black?

This is completely different. The finish has become dry/baked so we are not
looking at stain fading. The finish has been cooked, the plasticizers have
left the building.

Try some lemon oil on the bevel on the bass side to see if it does anything.

Once you venture out into the lid you are on thin ice, be prepared to fall in.
There's no turning back, you might make matters worse.

What the heck, if you screw it up, you'll only have to have the lid
refinished for her :-)

Whatever you do, don't use steel wool, use gray Scotch Brite.
Still, this might powder the overly dry finish.

A word of caution:  Don't make it your problem.

Phil, I know you've heard this before... seek professional help.

Jon