Spinet Grand

Jeannie Grassi jgrassi@silverlink.net
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 08:29:10 -0800

Hi John,
Carl Demler, Beethoven Pianos, bought Ford Piano Supply several years ago.
He is not selling piano supplies, who knows what has become of John's museum
objects.  One of his sons may have kept some of it if it didn't go to
Beethoven.

jeannie

Jeannie Grassi, RPT
Assistant Editor, Piano Technicians Journal
mailto:jgrassi@silverlink.net

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of John Musselwhite
Sent: Sunday, January 21, 2001 3:18 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: Spinet Grand

At 05:39 PM 1/21/2001 -0500, Terry wrote:

>Here is some additional info on Spinet Grand. Mfg. by Mathushek 1937,
>#86180. Size: 37" deep (keyboard to rear) by 60" wide. It has 88 keys
>(very nice set of ivory!) and normal strings, numbers, etc. as on any
>normal small spinet. I have attached several pictures in the email I sent
>directly to you Jack. I am sorry, for some reason the picture I took of
>the whole piano did not come out :-(.

For information's sake, the Chinook Keyboard Centre (Calgary's piano
museum) has one of these as well. I think it came from the Enyedi
Collection.

John Ford in NYC used to have a Mathusek "museum" in his store if I recall.
I always wondered what happened to all that stuff. Anyone know?

                 John

John Musselwhite, RPT    -     Calgary, Alberta Canada
http://www.musselwhite.com  http://canadianpianopage.com/calgary
email: john@musselwhite.com    http://www.mp3.com/fatbottom