Bridge Recap Time

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 16:13:34 -0500

> Repairing with epoxy about 3hrs. This includes getting strings off, and
> back up to semblence of pitch.

Idunno Roger, you are sounding somewhat bionic to me.

In this epoxy repair I had to remove strings (I just went out and counted
the bass strings on my Besty Ross regulating bench - there were more like 58
bass strings), remove all bridge pins, clean out broken wood around speaking
side pins on all bicords (ended up having a v-shaped trough along the bridge
pin holes 1/8" wide and about 3/8" deep) fill with epoxy, let cure, drill
new bridge pin holes in epoxy repair area, paint with dag, clean up bridge &
re-bevel, re-install all old bridge pins set in epoxy, reinstall bass
strings, bring up to pitch.

Now I've added a few details not clearly described before. Do you still say
3 hours? Thanks.

Terry Farrell
Piano Tuning & Service
Tampa, Florida