Octave Tests

Wed, 24 Jan 2001 23:29:40 +0100

List... I was wondering if any of you use a little trick I have been
using for some years now regarding octaves in the bass. When running
through the first time I simply tune octave notes without any tests..
but I listen for the 10:5 all the way.. and I set this to beat at
approximately the beat rate I would expect from the 10th  (5:2) test.

For some reason this seems to work quite well actually, even though we
are talking about two different coincident partials (exactly one octave
apart) and taken from different intervals. Has anyone else run into this
or something similar ?? Or have any other neat little tricks to share ?

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.