Bass bridge question

Don drose@dlcwest.com
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 20:05:31 -0600

Hi Kristinn,

In the strictess sense of the word a sound board is a transducer--it can
not *add* energy. In an audio ampliphier a small signal is used to control
a larger one and energy is *added*. A sound board takes a large signal from
the string, absorbs some of it (heat, friction, impedance mismatch, etc.)
and then transmits the remainder of the signal to the air. I do agree we
can hear it better than a string. *grin*

At 12:52 AM 01/25/2001 +0000, you wrote:
>Hi Tony,
>
>Since it started oscillating and moving air.
>

>Best regards
>
>Kristinn
>

>At 09:26 25.1.2001 +0930, you wrote:
>>Hi Del,
>>
>>since when has a soundboard been an amplifier ?
>>
>>Tony Caught
>>
>>-

Regards,

mailto:drose@dlcwest.com